Creating a welcome email with a discount code, abandoned cart email, newsletter or anything else in Privy’s Drag and Drop editor is simple. If you’re starting in the HTML editor, click “reset template” at the top of the screen and choose Drag and Drop.
When your new email opens, your logo and some starter content will be pre-loaded. Use the ten steps below to make it awesome.
- First, set the body background color using the menu at the right of the screen. If you need a place to find the perfect color, try http://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-picker/.
- Set the background color for each row and make sure it matches the body background color you used in step 1.
- If for some reason your logo is not already there, insert an image with your logo into the top middle block. This logo should be no bigger than 250 px tall.
- Next, edit the text in the existing text box to welcome new subscribers and make sure the content link or discount code personalization is there. You can use a personalization code to include the proper discount code. If you are offering a discount, make sure to include the terms and conditions like end date, minimum order value, etc.
- Edit the button text, link and color to match your branding and tone. Make sure to edit the link as well to send people to your website or a specific product page.
- To add social icons at the bottom simply drag in the social content icon block from the content element menu, choose which channels you want to include, and edit the link to go directly to your profiles.
- If you want to add a featured product or other image to spruce up your email, drag an image block into the main section and insert an image into the email.
- Lastly, send yourself a test email to check all the links, proofread, and see how it appears on your mobile device.
- Once you are happy with your email, click save.
- When you’re ready to activate your email, simply click publish and it will be sent to all new contacts as they qualify.