If you’ve built a list of contacts somewhere outside of Privy, you can now import that list and send emails and target onsite campaigns towards that audience.
To do this, use the .csv import tool within Privy to upload your contacts. Our team will review your list and then send you a note to confirm that you are good to go.
Our compliance team will review your list and then send you an email confirming that your contacts were approved and successfully uploaded to your account.
You can now upload up to 100 fields/ properties with your email contacts to segment those contacts for further marketing.
In order to import from a CSV file, it is important that you have your file structured appropriately prior to importing into Privy. The following criteria are required for the importation of CSV files:
- The file must include an email address column.
- The email address, first name, last name, and initial source categories will be imported, and you can import up to 100 fields in each csv upload.
- The first row of the file must contain the column headers. Headers are not case-sensitive, and there are several different forms accepted download an example file here.
- The file should only include contacts who have opted-in to receive email marketing from your business.
Please note the following about uploading custom fields/ properties with your csv upload
- If you want to upload email contacts that have properties that already exist in Privy, make sure to match your csv column header with your Privy form field name so that the attributes can be used to target the same audience with Privy email and onsite campaigns.
- If you upload a csv file with existing email addresses with new custom fields, the contact profile will update to include the additional fields.
- If you are uploading a file where not all contacts have a value for each custom field, you are able to leave that space in the file blank and no value will be updated for that contact profile.
If you’re importing from Constant Contact or MailChimp, you can actually do that automatically by clicking "Import from Linked Account" on the contacts tab and our team will review and approve your list.
Note: Privy will not approve purchased lists, nor mailing lists that contain non-permission based contacts. In addition, imported and approved contacts now count towards your scaling email pricing.