The Privy autoresponder, or email sequences, can only be sent out to contacts who sign up for Privy powered forms.
If you’ve built a list of contacts somewhere outside of Privy, you can now import that list and send newsletters and announcements to those subscribers with our email add-on.
To do this, use the .csv import tool within Privy to upload your contacts. Our team will review your list and then send you a note to confirm that you are good to go.
In order to import from a CSV file, it is important that you have your file structured appropriately prior to importing into Privy. The following criteria are required for the importation of CSV files:
- The file must include an email address column.
- Only email address, first name, last name, and initial source categories will be imported. And up to 3 custom fields.
- The first line of the file must contain the column headers. Headers are case-insensitive.
- Download an example file.
- The file should only include contacts who have opted-in to receive email marketing from your business.
If you’re importing from Constant Contact or MailChimp, you can actually do that automatically by clicking "Import from Linked Account" on the contacts tab and our team will review and approve your list.
Note: Privy will not approve purchased lists, nor mailing lists that contain non-permission based contacts. In addition, imported and approved contacts now count towards your scaling email pricing.