When you click into a sent newsletter from the newsletter index page you will see the results area that includes a delivery report and an engagement report for this email and is updated in real-time.
The delivery report shows how many emails were sent, how many of those were delivered, bounced and rejected. Here’s what each of those terms mean.
- Sent: How many email address on your list were sent the designated email.
- Delivered: How many people who were sent your email had it reach their inbox.
- Bounced: How many recipients’ had the email bounced back due to either a hard bounce or a soft bounce. This is usually due to non-existent, invalid, or blocked email addresses. Email addresses that result in hard bounces can negatively impact deliverability.
- Rejected: These email addresses were not sent the email even though they appeared on the recipient list. This is because the email address had either been previously blocked or was malformed.
The Engagement report shows how recipients interacted with your email once they received it. This report has five metrics that can help you tell how successful your email send was.
- Delivered: How many people who were sent your email had it reach their email account.
- Clicked: The unique number of recipients that clicked on any link in your email, or the percentage of those who received the email that clicked on a link in your email.
- Unsubscribed: The unique number of recipients that unsubscribed from your list by clicking unsubscribe in your email, or the percentage of those who received the email that unsubscribed by clicking the unsubscribe link in your email.
- Reported as Spam: The unique number of recipients that reported your email as spam or the percentage of recipients who reported your email as spam.