If you'd like to switch from Mailchimp to Privy for sending your emails, you'll want to make sure that all your Mailchimp contacts are imported into Privy's contact database.
The easiest way to do this is to link your Mailchimp account to Privy, and then import your contacts.
1. First go to Settings > Integrations and click on Mailchimp from the list of options
2. Then enter your user name and password for your Mailchimp account
3. After you login, the two accounts will then be connected. Lastly, you'll want to import your contacts from Mailchimp.
Go to the Contacts section of your dashboard and click "Import from". You'll be able to select your Mailchimp account from the drop down menu.
4. Then select the list you want to import from Mailchimp to Privy. If you have multiple lists you'd like to import, just repeat this step for each list.
Note: We can only import name and email address fields at this time
5. That's it! One thing to note is that after you upload your list, it can take 24-48 hours for those contacts to go through a compliance review and be added to your Privy database, so please plan accordingly.
- Getting Started with Privy Email
- Mailchimp and Shopify Break Up: What It Means For You
- Live Training: Getting Started With Email Marketing