Offering up downloadable content in exchange for your contact’s email address or other information is a practice commonly referred to as "gating." Here's how you can gate content using Privy:
- Offering up a download link on your campaign’s “Thank You Page’
- Including a download link in your Privy autoresponder email.
Which option you choose is going to depend on your preference.
Thank You Page benefits:
- You gated content will appear immediately on your site after your contact has entered your information.
- Avoids the risk that your gated content will be sent to your contact’s Spam folder
- In the event that you’re using a coupon code, customers will not have to wait to receive the code and can instead redeem it instantly on site.
- Avoids information being publicly displayed on site.
- Emails can get lost in the junk or spam folder
Regardless of which option you choose you must have a campaign already in progress to access these options.
If you haven’t started a campaign you can click on the blue “+ New campaign” button on the upper right portion of your Privy home screen.
Doing this will prompt you to enter a title for your campaign. Enter a title and click the blue “Create Campaign” button on the bottom right corner of the prompt.
Note: If you’ve already created a campaign rather than creating a new one you can simple click on the icon for the campaign that you wish to edit.
If you’re starting a new campaign click on the “Design’ Tab on the upper left portion of the screen. Then click on the option for adding a display. In this instance you can choose whichever campaign type matches your preferences. For our purposes we will be using the popup style campaign.
After you’ve chosen your desired campaign type you can then proceed to the last option on the “Design” page labeled: “Thank You Page Design”. This applies to brand new campaigns and campaigns that are already in progress.
Using the “Thank You Page”. For additional details on setting this page up please click here.
If you’ve opted to use an autoresponder email instead click on the “Emails tab on the upper left portion of the screen: and click on “Click to edit” by the first Autoresponder tab.”