You can send newsletters and announcements to your contacts from within Privy as part of our Privy Email add-on. These one-time emails operate a little bit differently from emails tied directly to actions within a campaign and live in the Emails tab of your Privy Dashboard.
With Privy Newsletters and Announcements you can:
- Create completely customizable emails using the Drag and Drop Email designer
- Send one-time emails to all of your contacts.
- Send to contacts that have signed up for specific campaigns.
- Select the specific date and time for sending your emails.
To access this feature, click on the “Emails” tab located at the top portion of your account screen:
On the resulting screen, select the blue button labeled “Add email” at the bottom portion of your screen:
You will then be prompted to enter a title for your email:
Note: The title for your email is internal only. Your contacts will not see this information. Instead, they will see the subject line that you select for your email.
After assigning a title to your email. You will be brought to the email editor. You’ll see a partially built email with instructional text and placeholders for images to be added. You’ll also want to customize the social icons to link directly to your own accounts. For specific details on how to use the editor, click here.
Once you’ve made your desired changes, click on the red “Save” button on the upper right corner of the screen:
The following screen will provide you with all of your sending options:
- Subject Line: This is what your contacts will see when your email arrives in their inbox.
- To: This allows you to choose whether you send your email to all of the contacts in your Privy contact list, or only contacts in a determined segment. You choose people from one or more campaigns or who have taken certain actions on your site to include in your email send.
- From email address: Allows you to determine which email address you send your emails from. This requires additional configuration if you’re sending from your own email domain. Additional information on this is available here.
- Reply-to email address: Allows you to determine which email address your customers reply to when they respond to your email.
- Schedule: Allows you to determine what day and time your email will be sent. You can also choose a “Send Now” option.