You can send newsletters and announcements to your contacts from within Privy as part of our Privy Email add-on. These one-time emails operate a little bit differently from emails tied directly to actions within a campaign and live in the Emails tab of your Privy Dashboard.
With Privy Newsletters and Announcements you can:
- Create completely customizable emails using the Drag and Drop Email designer
- Send one-time emails to all of your contacts.
- Send to contacts that have signed up for specific campaigns.
- Select the specific date and time for sending your emails.
To access this feature, click on the “Emails” tab located at the top portion of your account screen:
On the resulting screen, select the blue button labeled “+ New Newsletter” toward the upper right of your screen:
You will then be prompted to enter a title for your email:
Note: The title for your email is internal only. Your contacts will not see this information. Instead, they will see the subject line that you select for your email.
After assigning a title to your email. You will be brought to the template selector. You will be able to select from any of Privy's prebuilt templates to start off from. Once you have found the template you would like to start with, simply click to select that template, and then click the "Choose Selected" button.
You’ll see a partially built email with instructional text and placeholders for images to be added. You’ll also want to customize the social icons to link directly to your own accounts. For specific details on how to use the editor, click here.
Once you’ve made your desired changes, click on the red “Save” button on the upper right corner of the screen:
The following screen will provide you with all of your sending options:
- Subject Line: This is what your contacts will see when your email arrives in their inbox.
- Preview Text: Preview (or preheader) text will display after the subject line when someone receives your email. We suggest using copy that will spark intrigue and lead to the desired action of opening your email. Preview text has a recommended character count of 35-55 characters and does support Merge Tags.
- To (email address): This allows you to choose whether you send your email to all of the mailable contacts in your Privy contact list (which is the default for newsletter emails), or only contacts in a determined segment. You choose people from one or more campaigns or who have taken certain actions on your site to include in your email send. Click to learn more about how to filter your newsletter emails.
- From (email address): Allows you to determine which email address you send your emails from. This requires additional configuration if you’re sending from your own email domain. Additional information on this is available here.
- Reply-To (email address): Allows you to determine which email address your customers reply to when they respond to your email.
- Schedule: Allows you to determine what day and time in the future your email will be sent. Once you set a date an time, you will want to select the "Schedule It" option, or if you want to send the email immediately, yYou can also choose a “Send Now” option.