If you are selling on Shopify, Shopify Plus, or Weebly we now automatically import customers who have opted in to marketing emails *as part of the checkout process* as mailable contacts in your Privy account. That means that if you’re using the Privy email-add on to send automated emails or newsletters these people can receive your emails and count in your contact total.
Here are the details:
- If a contact is already in Privy and places an order, their order will be added to the contact record.
- If a contact checks the subscribe box as part of the order process, we will mark them as mailable within Privy.
- If a user does not check the box, their “mailable” status within Privy is unchanged.
- If the user has previously marked a business’s email coming from Privy as spam or hard bounced in the past, Privy will not mark them as mailable.
- If a contact has previously been deleted from your Privy account, they are re-surfaced if a purchase is made and placed in the last known “mailable” state before deletion.