If you are selling on Shopify, Shopify Plus, or Weebly we now automatically import customers who have opted in to marketing emails as mailable contacts in your Privy account. That means that if you’re using the Privy email-add on to send automated emails or newsletters these people can receive your emails and count in your contact total.
Here are the details:
- If a contact is already in Privy and places an order, their order will be added to the contact record.
- If a contact checks the subscribe box as part of the order process, we will mark them as mailable within Privy.
- If a user does not check the box, their “mailable” status within Privy is unchanged.
- If the user has previously marked a business’s email coming from Privy as spam or hard bounced in the past, Privy will not mark them as mailable.
- If a contact has previously been deleted from your Privy account, they are re-surfaced if a purchase is made and placed in the last known “mailable” state before deletion.