Privy integrates with many of the industry's leading email service providers (ESPs). If you're working with one already, you can link your accounts to sync new Privy contacts to your existing service automatically. If Privy doesn't integrate with your current service, you can manually export your Privy contacts as a CSV file and import them directly into the external provider.
Integrate with your email provider
To link your Privy account with a supported email service provider:
- In your Privy account, click the Account Settings dropdown menu from the main navigation bar. Your user and account names appear on the menu.
- Select the Integrations option from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the Available Integrations section and select your provider (e.g., Mailchimp).
- Follow the prompts. Each provider is a bit different. Most of the time, all you need is your username and password for the selected service; however, some providers require additional pieces of information.
All set! The selected provider should now appear as a linked account in the Authorized Accounts section. Time to add some automation rules to sync your contacts.
Add an automation rule
To add an automation rule to a campaign so that the collected contacts sync to your provider:
- Navigate to Convert.
- Select the campaign you'd like to sync and navigate to the Follow-up step of the campaign builder. The selected campaign must include a form to sync contacts.
- Click the Sync signups button, select the provider from the dropdown menu, configure the presented options, and Save.
This campaign's signups will now sync to the selected provider. Click on the Sync signups button again to sync contacts to additional services or lists. Check out this guide for more information on automation rules and how to troubleshoot common sync issues. If your campaigns include custom fields, please make sure they are mapped correctly between Privy and the external provider.
Note: These settings must be set for each campaign individually.