Building segments within Privy’s Email Marketing product is really easy and incredibly powerful. Instead of creating static lists of your contacts, Privy’s segments allow you to define the criteria for people you want to send a one-time email which is automatically updated as people take different actions on your site.
For example, you could send a special promotion to people who have any amount in their shopping cart currently and have never made a purchase. Or you could send a thank you message to anyone who has placed multiple orders.
The segment builder can be found in the “To” section of the email builder by selecting “Custom Segment.”
You’ll then be able to use combinations of the following options to build your segment:
- All or any filters: Choose whether you want to send to anyone who meets one your criteria or if a recipient must meet every criteria you choose
- Last seen: Choose people to include based on the last time they visited your site by choosing before or after a certain date.
- Created date: Choose people to include based on when they were added to your Privy account via sign up, import, etc.
- By campaign: Choose people to include based on which of your display campaigns they who have signed up for.
- Order count: Include people based on the number of orders they have placed in your Shopify or Weebly store.
- Cart value: Include people based on the amount they currently have in their cart in your Shopify, WooCommerce, Weebly, Squarespace, or BigCommerce store.
- Imported: Include people based on whether or not they have been manually imported directly from another service or via csv.
- Name/email: Include people based on their exact name or email address.
You can also save any segment for future use. So when you choose this segment in the future, anyone who meets the designated criteria at that time will be included in the send.