Audience targeting, or segmentation, is one of the most powerful tools in your eCommerce or marketing tool box. As a concept, you might be most familiar with segmentation from an email marketing perspective. For example, many of our customers utilize multiple email lists based on their different customer profiles or customer buying habits.
Just as you may have different email lists or workflows based on the different kinds of customers you have, you can target your Privy displays to speak to the different types of visitors or customers on your site. This way you can easily serve relevant messages at the right time to key segments of your audience.
Why is audience targeting important?
On average, 98% of people who visit eCommerce sites leave without making a purchase or becoming an email subscriber. By segmenting your onsite messages, you can deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time, and drastically increase your conversion rates.
When you target messages based on visitor behavior or customer characteristics, not only will you grow your email list and sell more products, you’ll build rapport with your customers and inspire more brand love, because you're delivering personalized messaging.
What Audience Targeting Conditions Does Privy Offer?
Privy has many different types of audience targeting conditions based on your site visitor characteristics and behavior with your site. You can see a big impact with just some simple segmentation. With audience targeting you can target segments of people who:
- Are currently on certain pages of your site
- Arrive on your site from a specific traffic source (i.e referred from Google vs Facebook)
- Have been to your site a certain number of times, or have viewed a certain number of pages on your site.
- Have a certain value in their shopping cart (for stores using Shopify, Bigcommerce, SquareSpace, Woocommerce and Magento 2)
For those who want to take a sophisticated approach, you can layer multiple audience targeting conditions to micro-target your different customer segments; it’s like adding a dynamic layer to your store.
- Live Training for Privy Onsite: Beyond the Basics
- How do I add audience targeting to my Privy displays?
- List of Privy's Audience Targeting Conditions
- Basic Audience Targeting Use Cases
- Intermediate Audience Targeting Use Cases
- Advanced Audience Targeting Use Cases