With Privy's Abandoned Cart Emails you are able to recover customers and increase revenue. Structuring these emails into a series allows you flexibility with the coupons you offer and can increase the likelihood that customers will complete their purchase.
Below is a suggested strategy you can use to create your Abandoned Cart Emails.
Email #1 - The Cart Reminder
Sent 1 to 2 hours after the customer has abandoned their cart
- The email should serve as a gentle reminder that the customer left items in their cart
- No coupon needed (optional)
- Customer service focus
- Did the user have trouble checking out?
- Do they have questions about your products or services?
To set this Email up:
- Click on Emails from the top navigation menu and select Abandoned Cart Emails
- Click New Abandoned Cart Email, name it and click Create
- Scroll to the Trigger Settings section and set the Hours Since Last Seen trigger to 1
- Ensure that the Minimum Cart Value is set to 1. Setting the cart value to 1 will ensure that all customers will receive the email.
- Save Changes
- If you are adding a coupon, scroll down a bit more to the coupon section
- Use the drop-down to select your coupon and Save Changes
- Repeat these steps for the subsequent emails in the series
Email #2 - The Subtle Incentive
Sent 24 to 48 hours after the customer has abandoned their cart
- Use a low-value coupon, offer rewards points, etc
- Consider using a unique coupon code with a short expiration such as 72 hours, this will help drive urgency
- Show Featured Products
- Remind the customer why they were browsing your site
Email #3 - The Urgent Incentive to Shop
Sent 72 to 120 hours after the customer has abandoned their cart
- Include a coupon
- This can be the same coupon from email #2 or a higher value coupon
- Use verbiage to drive urgency, such as "This may sell out" or "Your Coupon will expire soon"
- Include customer reviews or testimonials
NOTE: For all of the above emails be sure to include a Call to Action button that will lead the customer back to the cart
Pro Tip: You can further customize the structure of the email series by using the Minimum and Maximum Cart Value Trigger to target higher cart values with different text/coupons.