The Privy integration with Attentive allows contact information collected by Privy campaigns to be used for SMS marketing in Attentive. The combination provides an opportunity to expand your brand's reach beyond the traditional email channel and meet your customers with compelling promotions in other areas.
The integration must be enabled, and a campaign must be created with the proper settings before contact information collected via Privy can be shared to Attentive.
Enable the integration
To enable the Privy- Attentive integration:
- Navigate to Account > Business Settings.
- In the sidebar, select Linked Accounts under the Integrations header.
- Locate and select the Attentive option in the Available Integrations area.
- In the prompt, enter the email address and API token associated with your Attentive account. The token will look something like this -uL4qxxxxxAqsh7xxxxx_7r9xxxxxx9GsE and must include any underscores or dashes. If you do not have an API token, please request one from your Attentive client strategist.
- Click the Link Account button.
Create a compatible campaign
To create a compatible campaign once the integration is enabled:
- Navigate to Campaigns and select or create a new campaign that includes a form.
- In the Create step of the campaign builder, edit the form and ensure that the Phone number and Text Opt-In fields are included. If not, use the Add Field dropdown menu to include and Save them. Feel free to keep the Email field if you would like to pass along that information as well.
- Next, it's recommended that expand the default disclaimer for the campaign so that it is also applicable to SMS messaging. A common addition is something like, "A text opt-in indicates that I agree to receive recurring automated text messages at the phone number provided. Consent is not a condition to purchase. Msg & data rates may apply. Click to view our Terms of Service."
- After finalizing the design of your display, click Save in the upper right.
- Switch to the Follow-Up step of the campaign builder and select the Sync Signups button.
- Select your Attentive account from the dropdown menu, select the desired list, and then click Save. This rule tells Privy to pass the phone data to Attentive.
- Lastly, finish customizing the campaign's settings and click Publish in the upper right.
Now your campaign will pass the phone number from submission of your Privy onsite campaign to your Attentive account, where it can be used for additional SMS marketing.
Test the integration
You can test a properly configured integration and campaign by submitting the Privy form on your website. Submitting the form should sync your information to Attentive and result in the execution of any SMS flows associated with the selected list. In short - an SMS from Attentive should be sent to your phone.