If you offer free shipping or a satisfaction guarantee, consider highlighting it with a bar at the top or bottom of your page that links to more information and does not include a form. This inspires confidence among shoppers and makes them more likely to purchase.
Here's how to create a free shipping bar campaign.
1.Name your campaign: First, you’ll want to name your campaign. This is a name that only you will see so make it recognizable. Something like “Free Shipping Bar” and the date is usually a good way to start. When you’re done, click “Create Campaign”
2. Create your form (or not): Now you will land within the campaign creation flow and you can decide whether you want to include a form or not and how many times a person can sign up. If you offer free shipping to everyone, than you can uncheck the "enable form" box and just show everyone. If you want to use free shipping to generate signups, use a form. For a bar campaign, you'll only want to include the email address as your form field.
You can also decide to sync your contacts to your email provider from the “Add email sync” section. (Follow this link for instructions.)
3. Pick a template: When you click “Next” you will be asked to add a display. Here you’ll want to choose "Bar" and then select one already designed for a free shipping message. There are a lot of templates to choose from so look for one that is close to your branding already and then you can customize it.
4. Customize your bar: Using the elements bar on the left of your screen, you can edit any of the text, fonts, and colors you are using. By clicking on "Background" you can also choose whether the bar displays at the top or bottom of the screen.
5. Choose Your Triggers and Frequency: Next you will want to decide when your popup should launch. For a free shipping bar, you'll want to show it immediately, every time someone comes to your site.
6. Customize your thank you page: If you are using a form in your campaign, once someone has filled it out they will be sent to your thank you page. To customize this page go to the “After signup” section and click on “Thank You Page Design.” Here you will be able to edit the text, add any new links or images you want to show, and more using the elements bar on the left. Note: In paid subscriptions you can also choose to automatically redirect a visitor to a new page or close the window instead of showing the thank you page.
7. Create a Discount Code: If you’re using a form and requiring an offer code for someone to recieve free shipping, select “Behavior” and then “Coupon.” Here you can enter a manual code or create one that will sync directly with a Shopify store. Shopify codes allow you to add more criteria like a minimum order value to this coupon. You can also create unique coupon codes. To name your code, do something that explains the discount and is easy to remember like FREESHIP2017.
8. Create an Autoresponder: If you're using a form and a coupon code, you'll also want to send an autoresponder. An autoresponder is an email that goes out to new signups as soon as they fill out the form. This confirms that they have signed up and can include a link or coupon that you want to send them. Creating your autoresponder is simple. Just click the email section, then “Autoresponder” and start writing a short note. Once you are done, click “publish this email” at the top and save any changes. Not sure what to write? Here are some tips.
9. Hit Publish. Once you launch your campaign it will be live on your site! Yay!
- How to Create a Welcome Campaign
- How to Create an Exit Pop Up
- How to Create a Spin to Win Campaign
- Reporting Overview
- Installing Your Code
- Coupon Codes