An 'Unauthorized' error indicates that Privy cannot connect to a linked account with the provided credentials. Any of the following scenarios can trigger this error type:
- Updating the password or email address used to access the linked account.
- Deleting or editing an API key in the linked account.
- Revoking the permissions granted to Privy by the linked account.
- Uninstalling Privy from the linked account.
- The end of a trial period.
If any of these situations have occurred, campaigns that were previously synced to the linked account via the campaign's Follow-Up settings will fail until the issue is resolved. Additionally, if the error is tied to your e-commerce platform, campaigns will likely no longer be visible on your site. This is because store apps (e.g., Shopify) are typically responsible for incorporating the Privy code into your site content. If the code was incorporated manually, campaigns will continue to appear.
Check a connection
If one of your linked accounts is experiencing an 'Unauthorized" error, you will likely see a prompt on the dashboard, the Follow-Up step of the campaign builder, or when creating a coupon. That said, if you suspect an issue and haven't seen an error message, you can manually test an account's connection. To test a linked account's connection to Privy:
- Select the Account dropdown menu at the top-right.
- Select the Integrations option from the dropdown menu.
- In the Authorized Accounts section, select the Test Account button.
If the connection is valid, a Connection Successful message will appear. If the connection is broken, then a Connection Failed message will appear. To restore a failed connection, follow the steps below.
Identify the cause
Identify the most likely issue by reviewing the wording of any provided error messages and/or the list of likely scenarios listed in this guide's introduction. If none of these seem to fit your situation, check out Privy's Status Page and the affected linked account's status page to ensure there aren't broader platform issues on either side.
Resolve the error
To resolve an 'Unauthorized' error and restore the connection between Privy and the linked account:
- Navigate to the Authorized Accounts section of your Privy settings.
- Select the Delete() button next to the affected account and refresh the page.
- After a page refresh, locate the desired provider, select it, and provide updated credentials.
The selected provider should now appear as a linked account in the Authorized Accounts section. With a new connection established, please make sure to review the campaigns that previously synced to this account and ensure the Sync signup settings are properly configured.