If you’ve built a list of contacts somewhere outside of Privy, you can now import that list and send emails and target onsite campaigns towards that audience.
To do this, use the .csv import tool within Privy to upload your contacts. Our compliance team will review your list and then send you a note to confirm that you are ready to send emails to these contacts.
Once our compliance team reviews your list, you will receive an email confirming that your contacts were approved and successfully uploaded to your account.
You can also upload up to 100 custom fields/properties with your email contacts to segment those contacts for further marketing.
In order to import from a CSV file, it is important that you have your file structured appropriately prior to importing into Privy. The following criteria are required for the importation of CSV files:
- The file must include an email address column.
- The email address, first name, last name, and initial source categories will be imported, and you can import up to 100 custom fields in each csv upload.
- The first row of the file must contain the column headers. Headers are not case-sensitive, and there are several different forms accepted download an example file here.
- The file should either only include contacts who have opted-in to receive email marketing from your business, or emails that are not mailable. The last step of our import process will ask you to identify every contact in that particular file as either mailable or non-mailable.
Please note the following about uploading custom fields/ properties with your .csv upload
- If you want to upload email contacts that have properties that already exist in Privy, make sure to match your csv column header with your Privy form field name so that the attributes can be used to target the same audience with Privy email and onsite campaigns.
- If you upload a csv file with existing email addresses with new custom fields, the contact profile will update to include the additional fields.
- If you are uploading a file where not all contacts have a value for each custom field, you are able to leave that space in the file blank and no value will be updated for that contact profile.
If you have a contacts that you would like to manually add one at a time, you can also use our "Create Contact" button on the Contacts page to add them.
When adding contacts, you will be required to add the Email Address and select the Subscriber Status of the contact, and will have the option to add a First and Last Name. You can always add tags to the contact once they have been added.
Note: If the contact previously existed as an unsubscribed contact in your account, they will not be able to be added as a subscribed contact this way. A validation error message will appear if this occurs.
If you’re importing from Constant Contact or MailChimp, you can actually do that automatically by clicking "Import from Linked Account" on the contacts tab and our team will review and approve your list.
If you have a contact that you would like to manually unsubscribe or identify as non-mailable, you can click into that contact name on the contact section of your Privy dashboard, and select the "Unsubscribe" button.
- Privy will not approve purchased lists.
- Imported and approved contacts count towards your scaling email pricing.
- Imported phone numbers will not be considered textable contacts with Privy Text until the subscriber opts-in through a Privy Text Opt-In. Please see Privy Email and SMS Marketing Compliance document for more details.