In order to import from a CSV file, it is important that you have your file structured appropriately prior to importing into Privy. The following criteria are required for the importation of CSV files:
- The file must include an email address column.
- Only email address, first name, last name, and initial source categories will be imported. And up to 3 custom fields.
- The first line of the file must contain the column headers. Headers are case-insensitive.
- Download an example file.
- The file should only include contacts who have opted-in to receive email marketing from your business. Please ensure your CSV file has been cleaned of any contacts who have opted out.
1. After logging into your account, please click on the Contacts tab on the upper left portion of the screen.
2. Once you’ve arrived at the Contacts screen click on the button to the right side of the screen that is labeled “Import from”
3. Selecting this option will allow you to either import from a CSV file or import from a linked account.
After structuring your file (if need be), you can then import your file from the same Contacts screen in Privy.
After you trigger the import your contacts will begin populating in your account after a few minutes. Please keep in mind that depending on the overall size of the import this can take a while. It is important to mention that these will only be considered mailable once approved by Compliance.
Note: Privy will not approve purchased lists, nor mailing lists that contain non-permission based contacts. In addition, imported and approved contacts now count towards your scaling email pricing.