Using Privy campaigns, you can collect contact phone numbers and consent for SMS marketing. This information allows you to connect with your contacts through one of the most immediate and engaging channels available.
Note: The field used to collect phone numbers supports domestic (US) and international numbers as long as the country code is included. That said, Privy Text messages can only be sent to numbers registered in the United States and Canada (+1 country code) at this time.
Use the phone field
Collecting a visitor or contact's phone number requires that you add the Phone field to your campaign. To add this field to a campaign:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Select or create a campaign that contains a form.
- In the Create step of the campaign builder, select the Form fields option.
- Select the Add Field button, followed by the Phone option from the dropdown menu.
- When the Phone field is added to a campaign, the Text Opt-In field is automatically added as well. However, the opt-in field can be deleted if you do not plan to send messages to the collected numbers, as marketing consent is not required to collect this information for other non-marketing purposes. To remove the opt-in field, locate and select the Delete button.
- Once the field is added and configured to meet your consent needs, select the Save changes button, and finish the campaign as usual. The campaign will now be able to collect and store the phone number information from your contacts.
Send text messages
To send text messages to the collected phone numbers using Privy Text, please check out the Send abandoned cart texts guide. Alternatively, Privy also has integrations with the following SMS messenger platforms if you are not using Privy Text to send text messages to your contacts. Please see the associated documentation for more details on each of those integrations.