Social media platforms help you connect with your customers, increase your brand awareness, and boost your number of qualified leads.
With billions of people around the world using social media every month, the users and engagement on major platforms continues to increase. A "follow us" campaign helps you tap into these communities and grow your social following by encouraging your customers to visit your social pages and follow or like the accounts. An example is available below:
Some best practices shown or used in the example above and recommend for your "follow us" campaigns include:
- Use a clear and relevant call-to-action: Refrain from using a generic headline like, “Follow us on Twitter” - instead, relate the headline to the topic of your page, article, or blog post. Tell your visitor what they will get in return for liking or following your social accounts.
- Include social proof: Individuals trust earned media, such as a recommendation from a friend or peer, above all other forms of advertising. An easy way to convey social proof is to show your visitors that their peers (e.g., fellow customers) like and/or follow your brand on social media.
- Make the choice easy: Don’t overwhelm and ultimately dissuade your vistors by presenting too many options. Pick one or two social networks to make their choice easier.
- Target engaged/interested visitors: A "follow us" campaign is most effective when displayed on informative content that implies a certain level of visitor interest. These sources include, your blog, resource offers, and promotional landing pages. Additiionally, a scroll trigger of at least 50% or timer of at least 5 seconds is recommended.
Create the campaign
To create a "follow us" campaign:
- Navigate to Convert and click the New campaign button.
- In the prompt, select the Build Your Own option, provide an internal name, and then click the Create Campaign button.
- In the Create step of the campaign builder, select the Form fields card, uncheck the Enable Form? option, and then click Save.
- While still in the Create step, select the Add a display option.
- Select a form-free display template to showcase your "follow us" call to action - a flyout or a popup is recommended - and then click the Choose selected option in the upper right.
- Use the campaign designer to configure the campaign to your liking. While effective designs vary greatly, make sure to include an Image element that links to the desired social account(s). Icons are available for download from various sources, like this one, or can be created manually.
- Select the Save option at the upper right when you are done with your changes.
Target the right audience
A "follow us" campaign is most effective when displayed on informative content that implies a certain level of visitor interest. These sources include, your blog, resource offers, and promotional landing pages. Additiionally, a scroll trigger of at least 50% or timer of at least 5 seconds is recommended. To customize these options, move to the Target step, and set the desired settings.
- The When To Show setting allows you to determine when and how often the campaign appears to visitors. If you make any changes, please select Save.
- The Who To Show It To setting allows you to target a more specific segment of your visitors instead of all visitors. If you update these settings to include various other attributes, activities, and behaviors, please select Save.
- The How Long to Show It setting determines how long the campaign will appear to visitors. Update the setting if you'd like the campaign to expire on a specific fixed date and Save.
Launch the campaign
Once the campaign has been created and the target audience selected, select the Publish button at the upper right of the campaign builder and confirm your decision in the prompt.
The "follow us" campaign is now live and will appear to your qualifying customers.