If you have the Privy Automate plan, you can send abandoned cart emails to all of your mailable contacts who visit your site, add an item to their cart, and leave without completing the purchase. Creating and launching an Abandoned Cart email in Privy is simple and takes just a few steps.
Please Note: This feature is limited to the following Ecommerce Providers.
- Shopify Plus
Shopify Users, please note:
Now Privy’s abandoned cart emails will be sent to anyone who has signed up via a Privy form AND anyone who has reached the checkout page and opted in through the Shopify checkout flow.
Additionally: If you’re using other abandoned checkout emails, you’ll want to turn those off to ensure your shoppers aren’t being emailed twice.
1 . Create your email campaign. From the index page, click the “Add Abandoned Cart Email” button.
2. Create an internal name for your email, something that makes it easily recognizable.
3. Customize your Email. Click the “Email Content” section at the top to open and edit the content of your email using our Drag and Drop Email Editor. We’ve provide a very simple starting point and you can add your most popular products, a coupon code, images, change the text and add/edit the links. Note that the “Keep Shopping” button defaults to linking to your homepage but you can easily edit the link to send people back to their shopping cart. Once you are done editing your email, click save.
4. Edit your subject line. We’ve given you a default but you can change it to whatever you’d like. We recommend something that makes it clear that the recipient has left an item in their shopping cart.
5. Confirm your reply to address. You can edit this email address if you’d like or update the default email and physical address of your company in your business settings. In addition, you should update your sending domain to be your own domain if you have not yet done so.
6. Set your minimum cart value: Enter the minimum amount of cart value that a shopper should have to receive an abandoned cart email. The default is to $1, saying essentially that anyone who has any value in their cart should receive the email.
7. Set the timing of your email. Choose how long since someone visited your site you want to wait to send your email. The default setting is one hour, but you can adjust this to meet your business needs. In addition you can create more than 1 email based on hours since last seen. For example, send one email 1 hour after last seen and another at 24 hours since last seen.