A custom font is one way your brand can express itself and become more recognizable. The font can convey your personality while highlighting how you would like to be perceived by your audience. Do you want to be seen as fun, formal, or something else entirely? Regardless of your answer, everything your audience sees should evoke this personality.
Note: Custom fonts are only available for onsite campaigns. Many email clients do not support custom fonts, so the Privy email designer provides a selection of more traditional and web-safe fonts instead.
Add a custom font
Privy currently recommends Google Fonts, so this example uses its catalog as a reference. That said, the same ideas apply for wherever your font is hosted. To add a custom font:
- Search for a custom font here.
- Next, click on the font and click the Select This Style button on the right side.
- After selecting the font, from the panel that appears on the right side, choose Embed > Link.
- Here, you will see the import code for the font. Copy the URL portion. In this example, the URL component is https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?Lora&display=swap.
- Once you have the font's URL, navigate to the Customizations page of your Privy settings.
- Scroll down and click the New custom font button.
- Enter a name for the font. In this example, the official font family (Lora) listed in Google Fonts is easiest. Next, paste the font URL from earlier in the Font CSS URL field.
- Check the box if you only want this font available on landing pages and embedded forms.
- Click the Save custom font button.
That's it! The custom font will now appear in the campaign editor. To add more fonts, repeat this process until you have added all the fonts you need.
Use a custom font
To use a custom font:
- Select an element that contains text in an onsite campaign.
- In the sidebar, locate the Text section.
- Select the custom font from the dropdown menu.
- Customize the remainder of the campaign and Save.
Remove a custom font
To remove a custom font:
- Navigate to the Customizations page of your Privy settings.
- Scroll down and click the Delete button next to the font you'd like to remove.