A landing page is a standalone web page that is specifically designed to receive and convert traffic from a marketing or advertising campaign. It's where a visitor "lands" after they click on a link in an email, an ad, a social post, or other web content. Unlike a traditional web page, which typically encourages a visitor to explore additional content, landing pages are designed with a single focus - convert the visitor into a lead.
A landing page achieves this goal by pairing a narrowly focused, action-oriented call-to-action with a form to capture the visitor's information. This campaign functions differently from the other campaign types in that it does not display over your existing site content. Instead, it is an entirely self-contained campaign that you can direct your contacts to via a link.
Create the campaign
To create a landing page campaign:
- Navigate to Convert > All Campaigns and click the New campaign button.
- On the Plays dashboard, select the Build your own option, provide an internal name, and then click the Create Campaign button.
- In the Create step of the campaign builder, select the desired Form fields and Validations for the campaign. Three fields or less are recommended, while the validation depends on your intended audiences and desired discount availability.
- Next, select the Add a display option.
- Select Landing Page from the sidebar, choose a template to customize, and then click the Choose selected option in the upper right.
- Use the campaign designer to configure the campaign to your liking.
- Select the Save option at the upper right when you are done with your changes.
- After saving, a new Landing Page Design section will be available under the Create tab. It's best practice to use a thank-you page after signup action; however, you can opt to redirect the user or do nothing instead.
Target the right audience
Since a landing page campaign only appears when it is visited, the only audience targeting option revolves around how long the page is available. If you would like the campaign to expire after a fixed period, move to the Target step and update the How Long to Show It setting.
Follow-up the campaign
To sync the campaign's signups to another service or send a follow-up message to the customers that submitted the campaign, move to the Follow-up step, and review the following optional options:
- Enable and customize the default after signup email to send an email to the individuals that decided to sign up for the campaign.
- Select the Create series option to send additional after signup emails.
- Select the Sync signups option to sync the signups to a list in a linked account. If you're not using Privy Email, this setting is particularly important as it ensures the contact information (e.g., Email address) is available in the third-party provider.
- Select the Send text message option to send an after signup text message to the individuals that decided to sign up for the campaign.
Note: The text message option requires a Privy Text subscription. Additionally, the customer is only eligible to receive texts if their phone number was collected via a Privy campaign using the phone field and text opt-in field.
Launch the campaign
Once the campaign has been created, the target audience selected, and any desired follow-up messages configured, select the Publish button at the upper right of the Follow-up step and confirm your decision in the prompt.
The landing page campaign is now live and will be available at the link listed in the Design step next to the Landing Page Design header.
Note: The landing page URL will only show when the campaign is published. If you stop the campaign, the link will not appear until you have re-published.