A unique Privy Code must be installed on your Shopify store to display your onsite campaigns, track visitor behavior (e.g., page views), and acquire order information for segmentation or targeting. The Privy app for Shopify performs this installation automatically without the need for coding or development skills. If you would prefer to place the code manually, please follow these steps instead.
Features of the integrations
Installing Privy will not modify your store theme nor change any of your store settings when installed through the app store. Installing Privy through the Shopify app store will enable the following:
- The creation and management of unique coupon codes for Shopify within Privy.
- Automatic syncs of new email signups to Shopify. No need for automation rules.
- An option to export contacts directly from Privy's contacts dashboard to Shopify.
- Privy campaign data will automatically appear in Shopify's marketing reports.
To install the Privy app for Shopify:
- Visit Privy's listing in the Shopify App Store.
- Click the Add app button.
- If you're not already logged into Shopify, enter your store URL and click Log in.
- On the app's install page, click the Install app button to log into Privy. If you're already logged in, you'll automatically redirect to Privy's Campaigns dashboard.
That's it! After logging in or being redirected, your Privy code is automatically installed in your store, and applicable active campaigns will appear immediately. Learn more about using Privy and Shopify together with these resources.
The automatic installation provided by the Privy app for Shopify is recommended for most users. Please confirm that this option does not fit your situation before proceeding with a manual install.
- From your Shopify Dashboard, select the Online Store option from the sidebar.
- On the Themes dashboard, click the Actions dropdown menu and select the Edit code option.
- In the Layout section of the editor's sidebar, click on theme.liquid.
- Copy and paste your Privy code from below the <head> tag.
- In the upper right of the editor, click the Save button.
Great work! Privy has been manually installed in your store. Any applicable active campaigns will appear immediately. Learn more about using Privy and Shopify together with these resources.