Privy Convert campaigns can sync collected contacts to a connected email marketing service using automation rules. These rules must be configured for each campaign individually.
Prepare to sync contacts
Before following the steps outlined below, please make sure that your account is correctly integrated with one of the supported services listed in the Integrations section of your account. Additional information for configuring a supported integration is available here.
Add an automation rule
To add an automation rule to a campaign so that the collected contacts sync to an external service:
- Navigate to Convert > All Campaigns.
- Select the desired campaign and navigate to the Follow-up step of the campaign builder.
- Click the Sync signups button, select the desired integration from the dropdown menu, configure the presented options, and Save.
This campaign's signups will now sync to the selected provider. Click on the Sync signups button again and repeat the steps outlined above to sync contacts to additional services or lists.
Note: These settings must be set for each campaign individually.
Troubleshoot automation issues
To troubleshoot syncing issues related to automation rules, please review these common issues.
Check the integration's connection
An integration's connection may expire or disconnect for a wide range of reasons. To ensure that Privy and the external service are still properly integrated:
- Navigate to Account > Integrations.
- Locate the Linked Accounts section.
- Select the Test Account option.
This will trigger a reading (e.g., Connection Successful) that will help guide your next steps.
Check the double opt-in settings
If you have enabled double opt-in when configuring the automation rule, or your marketing service requires double opt-in, new signups will generally not appear until contacts have completed the confirmed opt-in process. Please review the submissions of any contacts that are presumed missing from the sync and ensure the contact provided the required opt-in.
Check contact addresses
Not all contacts can be synced. Many services will reject certain classes of emails, including:
- Obviously fake emails, like “email@example.com”
- Role-based email addresses, like “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Emails from disposable email services
- Emails that have previously unsubscribed from your newsletter
- Known spam traps, or emails that are otherwise blacklisted
Even when Privy successfully syncs a contact, the service may reject it for any of the above reasons. Privy has no way to override this decision.