This article will help bring to light some of the differences that you will see between Privy Email and Mailchimp.
Privy can integrate with many popular email service providers including Mailchimp so that you can send emails to the contacts collected via Privy forms through Mailchimp emails.
For our purposes we will be breaking down emails into two broad categories:
- Emails that are triggered by an action taken by your subscriber and emails that are sent manually or on a schedule that you choose.
- Emails that are sent based on an action in an automated fashion can be sent using either the Privy Autoresponder or setting up an Automation Trigger for your Mailchimp email.
For emails are designed to trigger or target contacts based on actions they take with your store, they will be affected by Mailchimp's removal of their integration with Shopify.
These emails that are intended to follow up immediately on a sign up from your onsite campaign will not be affected by Mailchimp's removal of their Shopify integration.
Action-Based Automated Emails Sent
- Privy Autoresponder (create a flow of emails based on when someone subscribes to a Privy campaign)
- Privy Abandoned Cart (set Privy to automatically send an email to anyone known by Privy who leaves your site with something in their cart)
- Privy Order Follow Up (set Privy to automatically send an email to anyone who places an order to thank them for their purchase)
If Double Opt-in is enabled in your Privy campaign Automation Rule:
- Mailchimp Double Opt-in (will be triggered by a Privy campaign signup to confirm signup)
- Mailchimp final welcome email (if configured in Mailchimp to send based on a Privy signup)
If double opt-in is not enabled, or after the user confirms opt-in
- Mailchimp automation series (if enabled in Mailchimp, schedule a campaign based on Automation Triggers)
Manually Scheduled Emails Sent
- Privy Newsletter Series (Send Newsletters Emails that can be sent to your entire mailable contact list or to a segmented group of those contacts)
- Mailchimp automation series (if enabled in Mailchimp emails can be sent to your entire mailable contact list or to a segmented group of those contacts )
Which type of email you use will depend on your objectives. That being said, let’s go over some Privy and MailChimp specific details for segmentation.
Note: The following table represents the differences between Privy and Mailchimp emails in the designated categories and not the comprehensive list of all their capabilities.
- Privy's eCommerce Integrations List
- Using Privy Email With Your Shopify Store
- Mailchimp's E-commerce Integrations List
- How to Switch from Mailchimp to Privy Email