If you’re seeing an error when exporting to a list in MailChimp like:
- FNAME must be provided – Please enter a value
- MMERGE10 must be provided – Please enter a value
It means that you are syncing contacts from Privy to a list in Mailchimp that has required fields. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Open your Mailchimp dashboard
- Select the list you have chosen in Privy.
- Click Settings > List fields and merge tags
Now you’ll see the fields on this list, as well as a checkbox next to any field that is REQUIRED. Uncheck all required fields except the email field.
Then reinitiate the email sync in your Privy campaign. To test that things are now setup correct, click “export” from the Privy campaign and choose this list. You should then see a green success message.