When creating order follow-up emails with a connected Shopify Plus, Shopify, or Bigcommerce store, you can easily add an order summary to your email and display what the customer purchased.
To add an order summary to a follow-up email:
- Navigate to Emails > Order Follow-Up.
- Select or create the email you'd like to customize with an order summary.
- At the top, select the Email Content card to access the email editor.
- In the editor, drag and drop the Order content block to the desired location.
- Click the Save button in the top right once the desired email edits are complete.
The order summary will look like a placeholder in the editor and will populate with placeholder products in any test emails (see the example below). However, the content block will update with an itemized list that reflects your customer's actual order when it is sent to them.