I'm Shopify billed, can you refund me?
In the event that you are a Shopify billed account, we are happy to assist you with this refund request, but ultimately this will need to be processed by Shopify’s Financial Team. If approved by Privy, we will gladly reach out to Shopify on your behalf.
How long until I see my refund - if approved?
Refunds can take 5-10 business days to reflect on your bank statement or Shopify account.
What does not qualify for a refund?
Our billing team reviews all refunds on a case-by-case basis. There are a few instances in which we cannot issue a refund. These include:
• Switching Plans or Downgrading Plans: There are instances in which you may decide to switch from one plan mid-cycle to another plan. When this occurs, a refund is not required. As an example, if you switch from a plan that is charged $20 per month to a plan that is billed at $70 per month, you will not be double billed. You will only be charged the difference ($50).
The opposite is also true: If you downgrade from a higher priced plan to a lower priced plan, we will prorate everything and make sure that the funds you’ve already paid are applied to future months.
In the event you choose to cancel your Privy on-site or Email Plan mid-cycle, you will lose access you any paid features immediately. You may do this to avoid any future charges, however, this would not constitute a refund.
• Account Inactivity: Privy does not automatically cancel or stop billing when downgrading your Shopify store, canceling your Shopify store, or uninstalling / removing Privy from your store. If you decide Privy no longer meets your business' needs and you choose to uninstall, we recommend cancelling your account prior to removing Privy from your store. For further information on how to cancel your Privy services, see How to Change Your Subscription or Close Your Account.
• Annual Billing: Annual billing provides our customers with a discount off of the normal monthly rate. However, it does require an upfront payment for the entire year. Because we are already offering this option at a discounted rate, we cannot extend refunds on plans that are opted into annual billing.
• Promotional Codes: Some of our users have received specialty promotional codes that can be used to receive discounted pricing on our plans. We cannot issue refunds on plans that are receiving these discounts. The existing promotional code only applies to the plan that is currently active on the account. If upgrading to a higher paid plan, the coupon code will no longer apply.
• Privy Email or Privy Text: If you have sent emails (Order Follow-up, Email Series, Newsletters, Abandoned Cart Emails) or Texts through our system these will not qualify for refund. We are only able to issue refunds in the event that no emails or texts actually sent out from the account.
• Autoscaling: Privy’s on-site pricing is based on the volume of your average monthly page views at the time that you upgrade. Every three months after you upgrade, we will automatically look back at your average monthly page views across those months and adjust your price tier up or down. See our pricing page to see the price for each tier.
• Acceptable Use Policy: In the event that you engage in any of the activities listed in our Acceptable Use Policy, in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to terminate your access to or use of the Privy Service, disable your Privy account or access to the Privy Service, and remove all or a portion of your content, in each case at any time, with or without notice and without refund. We may, in our sole discretion, also report your activity to the applicable legal authorities or third parties for abuse or fraud prevention.
(Refunds are no longer eligible for review 14 days post transaction.)
How can I speak to the Privy billing team?
Privy billing support is available via email, between 9am to 5pm EST (excluding weekends and holidays) at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also leave us a voicemail at 240-453-4282 and we will return your call within our normal business hours. Please note that this phone number is only to be used for billing purposes. All other inquiries should be directed to Privy’s Support team at email@example.com or via live-chat.