The Privy integration with Attentive allows contact information collected by Privy to be used for SMS marketing in Attentive. The combination provides an opportunity to expand your brand's reach beyond the traditional email channel and meet your customers with compelling promotions in other areas.
Note: This guide reviews configuring version 2.0 of the Privy - Attentive integration. If your account was integrated with Attentive prior to August 19, 2021, you must follow these steps to access the expanded features outlined below. Otherwise, you will remain on the legacy integration, which only supports the sharing of phone numbers via compatible campaigns.
Features of the integration
The integration currently supports:
- Autosync of all Privy campaign submissions that include a single phone number collected using the default Phone field and a checked default Text Opt-in checkbox to Attentive.
- Syncing of all default customer attribute fields included in a Privy campaign submission.
- Syncing of all custom fields included in a Privy campaign except for those using the multi-select checkbox format.
The integration must be enabled, and a campaign must be created with the proper settings before information collected via Privy can be synced to Attentive.
Enable the integration
To enable the Privy - Attentive integration:
- Select the Account dropdown menu at the top-right. Your business name appears there.
- Select Integrations from the dropdown menu.
- Locate and select the Attentive option in the Available Integrations area.
- If you aren't already logged into your Attentive account, log in and select Continue.
- In Attentive, select the Authorize option. If your Privy credentials are associated with multiple Privy accounts, please select the Link option next to the account you'd like to connect.
- Once linked, your Attentive account will appear in the Authorized Accounts section of your Privy integrations area, along with an option to Test() the account's connection.
Create a compatible campaign
Note: An Attentive API Source ID and an Attentive compliant opt-in disclaimer are required to complete the campaign setup. If you do not already have these, please contact your Attentive representative to request them.
To create a compatible campaign once the integration is enabled:
- Navigate to Convert > All Campaigns and select or create a campaign that includes a form.
- In the Create step of the campaign builder, edit the form and ensure that the Phone number and Text Opt-In fields are included. If they aren't, use the Add Field dropdown menu to add them and Save any changes.
- After finalizing the form used in your display, select the Design card in the Create step and ensure the design of your display is still satisfactory. For example, adding fields to an existing display can change the overall look of the original design as the form takes up more space.
- Now, switch to the Follow-up step of the campaign builder and select the Sync signups button listed below the default after signup email.
- In the prompt, select your Attentive account from the dropdown menu, input your Attentive Source ID, and then click Save.
- Lastly, finish customizing the campaign's settings and click Publish in the upper right to make the campaign available on your site.
The information captured by your campaign will now sync to your Attentive account, where it will be available for additional SMS marketing.
Troubleshoot the integration
If you are encountering issues with your Privy - Attentive integration, please consider the following:
- Signups only sync to Attentive if the submission includes a single phone number collected via the default Phone (contact_phone) field and a checked default Text Opt-in (sms_opt_in) checkbox.
- Fields with blank values will not sync.
- Fields with multiple values collected via multi-select checkboxes will not sync.
- The integration does not support transactional opt-ins.
- When a phone number is synced to Attentive, that number will be ‘subscribed' to the ‘TEXT’ channel for the type of messages associated with their 'Source ID'.
- If the contact is a new subscriber, they’ll receive a double opt-in text from Attentive.
- If the contact is an existing subscriber, they may receive a text from Attentive letting them know they’re already subscribed.
- When an email address is synced to Attentive, that email address will be ‘subscribed' to the ‘EMAIL’ channel for the type of messages associated with their 'Source ID’.
- Syncs are reported as a 'success' as long as the phone field and/or email field were successfully shared during the attempt.
- Errors that occur when syncing custom fields are ignored.
More information on troubleshooting integrations is available here.
Remove the integration
To remove your Privy - Attentive integration:
- In Privy, navigate to the Integrations section of your account settings.
- Locate the Attentive integration and select the Delete() option.
- In Attentive, navigate to the Connected Apps section of your account settings and select the Revoke Application option next to Privy. Confirm your decision in the prompt.
The integration and all of its associated permission are now removed.