|() Privy Text|
The after signup text message is a one-time text that is sent to contacts after they've signed up with a valid phone number, checked the text opt-in checkbox, and confirmed their desire to receive messages via double opt-in.
Create a compatible display
To ensure you can send a text message to subscribers, make sure that the display includes the Phone and Text Opt-in fields. The inclusion of these fields guarantees that you have the necessary contact information and marketing permissions. If the subscriber does not provide an accurate phone number and check the opt-in, they will not be eligible for text messages.
To add the Phone and Text Opt-In fields to a display:
- Navigate to the Convert > All Displays via the main navigation.
- Select the display in need of these fields.
- Select the Create step in the display builder and click on the Form fields card.
- Add the fields via the Add Field dropdown menu and Save. After adding the fields, make sure to review your display's design if it was created before the fields were added. You may want to tweak the design now that the form area takes up more space.
Note: It's recommended that both a visitor's email address and phone number are collected. This ensures the two identifiers are associated with one another and provides the most comprehensive tracking and reporting options for you moving forward.
Create an after signup text
To create an after signup text message:
- Navigate to the Convert > All Displays tool via the main navigation.
- Select the compatible display in need of an after signup text.
- Select the Follow-Up step in the display builder.
- Click the Send text message button. This action will automatically add the After Signup Text section to your Follow-up settings.
Personalize an after signup text
Once a text is created, click on it in the After Signup Text section to customize and personalize its content. It's recommended that you add in some personalization as personalized texts have a significantly higher engagement rate. Use the Personalize dropdown menu to insert merge tags that dynamically populate with information like the subscriber's first name or your business name. A preview of the text is available to the right of the editing area. Please make sure to save your changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom right corner.
Note: Personalization based on a contact's information (e.g., First Name) is only recommended if you are confident that the information has already been collected. For example, a display that collects text subscribers may only appear to your existing contacts.
Enable an after signup text
Enable the text by switching the Published? toggle to the ON position. If the display is active, the text will start sending to contacts who submit the display immediately. Make sure your content is customer-ready before taking this action.
Note: All first-time text subscribers who check the text opt-in checkbox will receive a double opt-in text message that includes your business name and an option to YES (Subscribe) or STOP (Unsubscribe) the messages. If the recipient does not reply YES, they will remain ineligible.
Once your display and after signup text are live, you can see the number of your customized marketing messages that have been sent and delivered via the display's Follow-up tab.