If you have subscribers who didn't open a newsletter that they might find particularly relevant or useful, you may want to send it again. Resending a newsletter can cause unsubscribes, but if you only do it once and within a day or two of the first send time, it may help you boost your overall engagement.
To reduce the risk that a resent newsletter will result in unsubscribes or spam complaints, please consider keeping your subject line and visible "From" name the same. Changing this information while maintaining the same content can come across as deceptive or intentionally tricky. Meanwhile, most subscribers are happy to keep engaging if you lead with honesty and are straightforward about who you are and why you're sending the email. That's why they signed up, after all.
Resend your newsletter
To resend a newsletter:
- Navigate to Emails + Texts > Newsletters.
- Locate the newsletter that you'd like to resend and select the Duplicate () option.
- Confirm your decision by selecting Duplicate in the prompt.
- Rename the new draft so it's easy to identify as a resend.
- Locate and click on the To card.
- Ensure the Custom segment option is selected.
- Remove any previous filters, and then click Add filter.
- Select the Did not open filter from the dropdown menu, then select the original newsletter from the subsequent prompt, click the Done button, and then click Save.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email settings page and click the Schedule it or the Send button. Selecting the Send button will prompt the email to go out immediately and will ignore any settings configured in the Schedule section of the email's Sender Info.
- Confirm your decision to activate in the subsequent prompt.
All set! You've resent the newsletter to the subscribed contacts who didn't open it the first time.
Now that your newsletter has been resent to customers: