|() Privy Email|
If you have subscribers who didn't open a newsletter that they might find particularly relevant or useful, you may want to send it again. Resending a newsletter can cause unsubscribes, but if you only do it once and within a day or two of the first send time, it may help you boost your overall engagement.
To reduce the risk of a resent newsletter resulting in unsubscribes or spam complaints, please consider keeping your subject line and visible "From" name the same. Changing this information while maintaining the same content can come across as deceptive or intentionally tricky. Meanwhile, most subscribers are happy to keep engaging if you lead with honesty and are straightforward about who you are and why you're sending the email. That's why they signed up, after all.
Resend your newsletter
To resend a newsletter:
- Navigate to Email + Text > Newsletters.
- Locate the newsletter that you'd like to resend and select the Duplicate () option.
- Use the Edit() option to rename the new draft, so it's easy to identify as a resend.
- In the Settings step, locate and click the Edit button next to the "Send Newsletter to" header.
- Ensure the Custom segment option is selected.
- Remove any previous filters, and then click Add filter.
- Select the Did not open filter from the dropdown menu, select the original newsletter from the subsequent prompt, click the Done button, and then click Save.
- Now select either the Send or the Schedule button at the top of the Settings page. Selecting the Send button will prompt the email to go out immediately and will ignore any settings configured in the Schedule section of the email's Sender Info.
- Confirm your decision to activate in the subsequent prompt.
All set! You've resent the newsletter to the subscribed contacts who didn't open it the first time.
Now that your newsletter has been resent to customers: